Flashing your Redmi/Mi smart device with Xiaomi official firmware (MIUI) will help you fix specific software problems on the phone. It likewise helps you to eliminate root and all adjustments done to your phone system software.
To upgrade, upgrade or repair small software problems on your phone, flashing through stock Mi healing is recommended. For a totally tidy and fresh installation of all system files, fastboot method is the way to go. To flash through fastboot though, your Xiaomi smart device bootloader has to be opened.
How to flash Xiaomi firmware by means of Stock Recovery
- After download the stock recovery firmware, copy it to / sdcard/downloaded _ rom folder on your phone
- Launch Settings on your phone
- After that, choose About phone
- Click System update then click the 3 dots icon at the top-right corner of your phone screen
- Select choose update bundle
- From the file manager screen, pick the ROM zip file that you’ve already downloaded and copied to downloaded_rom folder
- Once you have actually downloaded the ROM file, your gadget will start upgrading.
- Your device should immediately boot to the brand-new version when the update is finished.
How to flash Xiaomi firmware through Fastboot
Before flashing your Xiaomi phone by means of fastboot, the gadget bootloader need to currently be opened. If you have refrained from doing this, click on this link to discover how. Also note that all data on the phone will be lost. To avoid this, explore information backup choices here.
- Download Xiaomi MiFlash tool and extract its contents to an empty folder
- After that, extract contents of the Xiaomi firmware you have currently downloaded. If the downloaded firmware file extension is ‘ gz‘, rename it to ‘ tgz‘. Then copy the firmware folder path to clipboard-
- Turn off the phone and wait a few seconds for the phone to totally shutdown.
- Now press Volume down and Power button at the exact same time to boot Fastboot mode.
- Once in fastboot mode, link the device to Computer via USB cable
- Launch MiFlash.exe tool and click refresh to make certain your phone connects correctly to the computer system
- Paste the firmware folder path in package after ‘ select‘ button in MiFlash tool
- Once you have verified that whatever is in order, and you have actually followed the steps thoroughly- click the flash button. Ensure that tidy all is chosen prior to you flash.
- Wait patiently and do not detach your phone from the Computer up until the flashing development bar turns green and suggest a success message as shown listed below
- That’s it! You have actually effectively flashed your Xiaomi mobile phone.
If you have any remarks or need assist with anything mentioned on this page, feel free to ask in remarks area down below.